31st Annual Thad & Alice Eure Walk for Hope
walk • run • festival
The Angus Barn • Raleigh, NC • Sunday, October 13, 2019
Onsite Registration: 8 a.m. • Walk Begins: 10 a.m.
In the 30 years since it began, our flagship charity event has helped raise millions of dollars towards better understanding—and, eventually, maybe even curing—illnesses like depression, bipolar disorder, PTSD, postpartum depression, schizophrenia and anorexia. 100% of the money raised by participants directly funds local mental health research at the UNC-Chapel Hill Department of Psychiatry. And, just as critically, it helps call attention to the stigma and significance of these often invisible illnesses, which affect as many as one in five American adults.
Each year, thousands of participants come together at the Angus Barn in Raleigh to show solidarity for family, friends and community members living with a mental illness. After the walk is over, we celebrate our achievement with a family-friendly afternoon of food, games, music and prizes.
Every step gives us hope, and hope keeps us moving forward. In 2019, we’ll strive to go further and do more than ever before. We’d be so pleased to have you walk beside us.
The Walk for Hope features two different routes:
- 5K (3.1 miles): Begins at the Angus Barn on Hwy 70, turns around at the Umstead Visitor Center, and returns to the Angus Barn. Click here to view map.
- 1-mile Family Fun Nature Hike around the Angus Barn Lake.
Every Step Gives Us Hope
The Walk for Hope is more than just a community event—it’s a huge fundraiser that directly funds the research and treatment of mental illness. Most of our walkers and runners raise the money they need to participate; in fact, the average participant in the race raises at least $150.
Registration and Check-In
Prior to Walk Day, participants can register, turn in collection envelopes and pick up t-shirts and event armbands at the Angus Barn. Beat the crowd and save time! We STRONGLY encourage Early Check-In.
- Thursday, October 10, 12 noon – 6 p.m.
- Friday, October 11, 10 a.m.–6 p.m.
- Saturday, October 12, 10 a.m.–6 p.m.
Walk registration opens at 8 a.m. at the Angus Barn (see parking instructions below). The Walk begins at 10 a.m. To encourage early registration and check-in, ALL Walk Day prices increase by $5.
Walk Day Instructions
- All PRE-REGISTERED participants arriving with t-shirt and event armband will be allowed to proceed quickly through entrance checkpoint.
- All participants needing to register onsite, turn in money and/or pick up t-shirts and armbands will be directed to an onsite registration area.
- Staff will be available to point you in the right direction!
PARKING AND OTHER INFORMATION
Parking is available in two separate areas:
- 9600 Lumley Road
- 8081 Arco Corporate Drive, near the exit of Lumley Road & I-540
Follow Walk parking signs.
FREE Walk shuttles will be available 7 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Food: Breakfast items will be provided. All registered participants are welcome to join the post-event festival at the Angus Barn, with kids’ activities, great food, music, and more.
Rest Stops: Rest stops with water and snacks are available along the route. There are also Hopemobiles available along the route for anyone who needs a ride.
Pets: Please leave your pets at home.
Strollers: If you bring a child, remember to bring a stroller, infant carrier, baby jogger, or wagon.
Rain: Event is rain or shine. In the event of heavy rain or severe weather, you may park in one of our designated parking areas (see above) and turn in your collection envelope by noon. Further instructions will be available on our website.